Saturday, 23 January 2010

Crochet on the increase?


I have seen an upsurge lately in the orders for crochet needles. As I make two types,
<---the smaller ones (usually from 1mm - 4mm) like these with the metal tips and wooden handles for strength and the larger ones like these ---> for anything above I have been trying to sort out a more economical way of producing them. I make each hook individually with a different styled handle and using whatever wood is to hand so that it both keeps the uniqueness of each one and also helps keep the cost down. I started them when asked to make them fopr someone with arthritis as they are mucvh easier to gold but they seem to be popular with all chrocheters.
I have also been asked about knitting needles but to be perfectly honest, unless they are large, about 15mm upwards, it isn't worth the cost as they can be got much cheaper than I can make them for online

2 comments:

  1. I think the same thing, which is why I put your lovely hooks on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been trying to contact you but have had my email returned. I have also tried the 'contact' page on your web site, but it tells me that there is not the required path.
    Do you have an alternative email address?

    ReplyDelete